This year, the Pumpkin Chase event will look a little different than in the past...but that doesn't mean we're not going to have a fun time running and cheering one another on!
Enjoy a one-mile timed fun run for kids up to sixth grade and a 100-yard dash "Tot Trot" run for our littlest runners under age 5. It's a fun school tradition for families to enjoy, and a great way to get active (and a bit silly) together on a lovely fall morning.
And the biggest question of the day is: WHO WILL BEAT THE PUMPKIN?
Saturday, October 17
Lancaster County Central Park
Shuts Environmental Library, 3 Natures Way, Lancaster, PA 17602
- 9:00 am - Check-in
- 9:15 am - Warm Ups and Course Walk Through
- 10:00 am - The Great Pumpkin Chase!
- Tot Trot (100 yard dash fun run for kids under 5)
- The Great Pumpkin Chase (one mile, marked and timed cross country run for kids up through 6th grade)
- Awards ceremony immediately following the race.
- Cost: $5.00 per runner (children up to 6th grade running in either Tot Trot or Great Pumpkin Chase)
- Each runner receives an official race bib
- Medals awarded to Top 10 Boy and Top 10 Girl finishers in the Great Pumpkin Chase mile run.
- All Tot Trot runners receive a prize.
Parents are permitted to run with younger children if they wish. Kindergarten and first grade students can choose to run either the Tot Trot or Pumpkin Chase.
Kids will run a one-mile, pre-marked cross country course, with the goal of beating "The Pumpkin" (a school administrator decked out in full-gourd-costume and running the race)! Cross Country team members and adults will be stationed along the course for direction and encouragement.
Light refreshments will be available for purchase. Bring along cash for food to support Veritas Student Government with your food purchase!
Okay...go get that pumpkin!